Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday

Mondays are rough.  The weekends are full and it's tough to get going on Monday mornings.  Today is no exception.  

Walt Kowalski cracks me up. There is a side of him that most people don't see.  (He'll be mad at me for telling you this, but I'll take my chances.) He's got a tender heart especially for most small furry creatures.  Ok, maybe not stink bugs, but they aren't furry.  But all other small creatures.  He's also got this great sense of humor and can make anything into a song.

Sunday morning when he opened the bedroom door there were 4 black cats waiting outside (not so patiently) for snacks.  So he sang to them: (to the tune of 10 Little Indians)

One little, two little, three fat kitty cats
Four little, five little, six black kitty cats

Then yesterday as I was doing laundry, I see him running back and forth at the garage door.  I couldn't imagine what he was doing.  Here's the scene:


Garage door, small log splitter, circle of wood, rustic chair I need to repair and repaint, and Walt Kowalski running back and forth.

What I couldn't see from inside the garage was this:



This tiny little mole that was also running back and forth with Walt Kowalski.  The mole was collecting acorn pieces.  Walt Kowalski was trying to keep the mole from going in the garage. 

We closed the garage door and watched the mole some more. Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Up the wall, down the wall, up the wall, down the wall.  He must live behind wall.  Too cute.

We did a lot this weekend, but nothing picture worthy.  Cut a few trees, raked a lot of leaves, burned a LOT of sticks and braches AND finished cleaning out storage. 


Except for the day we rented it, I have never seen it this empty.  I got rid of many things.  combined many boxes, repurposed lots of items.  All good progress.  Towards less stuff.

No comments :

Post a Comment