Friday, October 17, 2014

Dreams


I'm tired this morning.  It's cloudy and misty and dark. That doesn't help.  I also think I have a soup hangover.  We ate too much soup yesterday.  And yet, I could have more soup right now. 

Uh, oh, I might be a soup addict. 

Two bowls of soup = good.  Three bowls of soup = extra full. Four bowls of soup = slosh.

(Oh but it was good soup. And we'll do it again.)

I had terrible dreams last night.  I have very vivid dreams on a regular basis.  Dreams in color, with details and plots that I remember very clearly in the morning. 

Last night's dreams were the typical unprepared for life dreams. 

I was still in school.  (don't remember what grade)
I couldn't find my schedule.
I was late for class.
I didn't study.
We had a HUGE test and several papers due.
Everybody was looking at me (Almost worse than not being prepared.)
Then the worst teacher in the world walked in!

How many years later and I'm still having dreams about school.  All of the bills are paid.  The mortgage is paid.  The truck is paid. Who knows. 

Freud said that the dream of being unprepared was usually about something you dreaded but then aced.  That's good to know. 

Then again, it's Freud.  Everything was sexual related for him. 

No comments :

Post a Comment