Monday, October 20, 2014

Chimney - step 1 and 2

This weekend Walt Kowalski helped me with the chimney project. There was some metal corner mesh from the old plaster still attached.  I was working at it with tin snips and side cutters, but it was a struggle.  Add one Walt Kowalski and a high speed grinding wheel, and the mesh was gone in 5 minutes.

And it was cool to watch.

 
 
If you forgot, this is where I started with the chimney and closet. This was the damage from the chimney leaking. We installed a chimney cap and after the rains this week, no leaks! Woohoo!


Add some dry wall, and suddenly a leaking problem doesn't look like a problem anymore.


Today's project: plaster over the old chimney.  I thought about keeping the chimney visible, but it's the bedroom, not the kitchen or living room.  And it really isn't that pretty.  I'll make it much nicer.

No comments :

Post a Comment