Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Arm Workout

And shoulders.  And hands.  My legs are good.  I'll work those tonight at the gym.

I pulled out carpets, padding, and tact tract all day yesterday.  I think the installers got paid by the staple and nail.

The neighbors have a decoration on their house.  It's on the back and I never noticed it before.  Their sun has a sunburn on his nose. 


This is the small front bedroom in the little house. The carpet was AS bad as the other carpet, but it had a smell.  Goal: get rid of stinky smells. 

 
The dumpster is getting fuller by the minute. 

 
When Walt Kowalski arrived, we removed the old kitchen cabinets and, like a proper Italian family, took them to the basement.  It's probably more than just Italian, but it's not uncommon to have a second kitchen (your old kitchen) in the basement or garage.  I don't think we'll have a second stove in this little house anytime soon. 


The old sink base had water damage, so it went to the burn pile instead of the basement.  See the wall on the right, with the 5 holes? Yeah, that wall is on my list today.  The electrical outlet wasn't in a proper box.  *sigh*  I need to remove some of the plaster so I can repair the wall properly. This wall will no longer have cabinets and will now be seen.

The wall on the left with only 2 holes wasn't done properly either.  No box. That wall will be hidden by the microwave, so patchwork will be acceptable. After we install a proper electrical box.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment