Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Leaves Leaves and more Leaves


I realize I post the same things at the same time every year.  The good part is that I (and my audience) don't always remember the post from the previous year.  Click here to see the post from last year. The leaves haven't changed.  I swear there were even more of them this year! 

Here is the scene:


Armed with my trusty leaf blower, I spent 4 hours yesterday afternoon corralling leaves into to the steps.  They were deep.  Filled the steps to the top.  Ankle deep, knee deep, waist deep, chest deep. Deep, DEEP leaves. 

When Walt Kowalski returned home from work, he said "Holy pile of leaves!" He hadn't seen the other pile of leaves in the field yet.

I used the leaf blower to direct the leaves in his direction.  He raked.  I directed.  He mowed over and mulched the leaves.  I directed them to him. He raked some more. 

Only about half of the leaves have fallen. The tall oak trees are the last to drop.  We still have many days of leafing ahead. 

No comments :

Post a Comment