Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Rexy


I have never been a huge fan of the blow-up decorations.  I notice them every season at the store.  Some of the Halloween inflatables are extra large and extremely detailed.  Horses, henchmen, carriages, witches, skulls.  All in the same inflatable. 

I can't even imagine the price tag that goes with that size.

We stopped at the home improvement store the other day.  To be honest, it's been several weeks since we've been there.  I missed it.  They had decorations on sale.  Walt Kowalski and I were browsing through the singing snowmen and Santas.  I stopped to look at the candles and when I caught up to Walt Kowalski, he was looking at the inflatables. 

They had a few left, a R2D2 and C3PO, Santa and a penguin playing soccer, Santa, Rudolph, and a penguin dressed as Mariachi players. 

Walt Kowalski was holding an 8 foot tall inflatable Tyrannosaurus Rex.  T-Rex was standing next to a Christmas tree holding an ornament in his mouth.  We had a good laugh about it and I walked around the corner to look at the ribbons.

When Walt Kowalski caught up to me he was grinning from ear-to-ear. T-Rex was in the cart. 

"The kids will love it!" he said.
"I think it's really for the BIG kid."
"Maybe," he said. "We have the perfect location for it! As cars come down the hill, they will see it."

Darn it, he's right.

 

And the worst part, Rexy is cute.  How can you resist that smile?

To quote my sister "How lovely are your tiny little armies!" I shook his claw.

I guess this means I'm one of those people now.

No comments :

Post a Comment