Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bloomin'

We live in the forest.  We love our forest.  But that also means we have a LOT of shade. I have come to the conclusion that if I wanted to grow mushrooms I would have problem with the darkness in this house. 

Flowers, however, are a struggle. Outside, in the summer I don't have problems.  Inside in the winter, my plants are withering in the dark.

Knowing plants, especially flowers, like warmth and light, I moved the sprig of forsythia from window to window to stove following the light and the warmth.

It worked!  Once again, I got leaves for Christmas day!


But then on December 26th, when adding more water to the cup, I happened to look down in the cup...

Flowers!

 
It bloomed! There are more coming, too! 
 
Looks like an omen for a good new year.

No comments :

Post a Comment