Friday, December 19, 2014

Generosity & Kindness

Walt Kowalski went to visit a co-worker who is off work because of a disability.  He planned to drop off some Christmas cookies, chat for a bit, and then come home.

2 1/2 hours later, he was finally on his way home. 

He said it was a nice visit and his co-worker is doing well.  When he came in the house he was carrying a superhero beer stein. 



"Where did you get that?" I asked.
"He gave it to me.  He said he doesn't drink this kind of beer and gave it to me." Walt Kowalski said. 
"He's too kind."
Walt Kowalski said, "But wait, there's more gifts in the truck.  He sent gifts for you, too."
"Me!?!!"

Next thing I know, Walt Kowalski is walking through the do with a bread machine!

"He gave you an appliance from his kitchen? For me?" I asked.
"Yes! He said he's a single guy and doesn't bake bread.  It was his mother's and I don't think she ever used it.  He knows you like to cook and wanted to thank you for the cookies."

I said to Walt Kowalski, "It's a good thing you didn't stay and visit any longer.  He might have given you an end table or a nightstand."

I know my cookies are good, but I didn't realize they were THAT good.  He didn't even try the new ones I made yesterday. 

I should not be allowed on the internet baking sites after December 10th.

Ohh, that looks good.  Oh I like that cookies.  Yum, I want to make some of those. Oh, look at this appetizer. 

Yesterday's cookie: Mint Thumbprints

 
The dough has just a hint of green color.  The recipe called for way more coloring, but a hint was enough for me.

 

I added the sprinkles for a little more accent.  The kitchen had a wonderful peppermint smell all day. I locked the finished cookies in the bedroom. They were safe from whiskers there. The bedroom smells wonderful, too. 

Forget the store bought air fresheners, I have cookies. 

No comments :

Post a Comment