Monday, December 29, 2014

Whirlwind

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Christmas week.  It was a whirlwind.  Individually and together.  As a kid it was a whirlwind. As an adult, it was extra whirlwindy. 

Cooking, cleaning, cleaning, cooking, wrapping, organizing.  And I don't even have children!  I don't do the panic of "I don't have enough gifts!" at the last minute.  I usually have too many for one person.  That person varies year by year. This year it was my sister and older niece.  Last year it was my mom and youngest niece.  

I am the kind of person that buys Christmas presents year round.  This is how I usually end up with too many gifts for a single individual.

I am also the kind of person that puts those early purchased Christmas gifts in a safe hiding place for the other 11 months, then remembers them on December 23rd, and can't find the super safe hiding place! I have also remembered the hidden gifts (that are still in hiding) on Christmas morning as we are unwrapping presents.

 
I love all of the different wrapping papers at once.

 
When else but Christmas can you have cookies and cheese for breakfast?

 
The aftermath.  This is even after we've cleaned up!
 
 
 
Dinner is served!
 
 
 
Dinner was followed by games.  Board games! Non-electronic board games.  Games where we laughed so much we cried and then laughed some more. 
 
My sister said Walt Kowalski and I were cheating.  We weren't, I swear!  

No comments :

Post a Comment