Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Observations


This time of the year, after the snow has melted and before the leaves turn green you see trash. Lots of it.  In the streets.  In the weeds along the highways.  On hillsides near businesses.  It's terrible.  People who litter make me very angry. 

Think about this, there are garbage cans everywhere.  Every place you leave and every place you enter, there is a garbage can.  If you need to find one, I know a kid that will gladly point one out for you.

There is no reason to litter except for laziness and disrespect. 

The road in front of the cat ranch is especially messy.  Walt Kowalski and I clean up our portion on a regular basis.  When my grandfather lived here he would clean up the road, too.  It would make him so angry.  Now I understand why.  I makes me angry, too.

House #1 isn't in a bad neighborhood.  There are a few questionable houses, but there are also some very well kept houses.  Just the other day, I spied this fellow outside.  Not only does he keep his yard perfect, he was even out in the street cleaning up.


It makes me smile.  I know there are others like us in the world.  It is good to be reminded.  Glad to know Walt Kowalski and I are not alone. 

The other spring observation happened in the front street.  It was a standoff of sorts.





Neither was happy about the situation. 


The squirrel made it to the tree with no confrontation.  :)  No gunfire. 

No comments :

Post a Comment