Thursday, April 24, 2014

New profession?

Maybe I should be a wildlife photographer when I grow up. 

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning, when I heard some clunking behind me, outside. 

 

By the time I got my camera and located the clunking noise, this little guy robbed the recycling bin of the empty mixed nut container, and was high-tailing it up through the yard. 

I had to chase after him across the patio to get this out-of-focus shot. 
In my slippers. 

I suppose professional wildlife photographers don't get their best shots in their slippers. 


Yesterday was a gathering and delivering day.  We gathered our supplies for tonight and delivered them. 

Parking is always an issue at House#1.  Parking is only allowed on one side of the street.  The neighbors to the left of us have 2 vehicles.  The neighbors to the right of us have 4 vehicles.  All jockey for front parking.  There is lots of side street and back alley parking available. 

(To the extreme that one neighbor will even wait in his work van if he thinks we might be leaving in a few minutes.  The other neighbor will dash out of the house to move their car when he sees us leave, too.)

Yes, I know, everybody likes to be able to walk out of their front door and take only 5 steps to get in their car. 

With Big Red, we are often the ones using the side street parking.  We don't mind. It is a less than  half block walk.

Except when there is drywall or plywood to be carried. Then I want the front parking, too. We have done the double park to unload Big Red, then move to the side street.  But it's not just about the parking.  We don't like trying to maneuver large items around their vehicles. There is too big a risk that we might slip or trip.  

We figured out that if we get to House #1 before 4:30, we can get a parking space in front of the house.

Drywall, insulation, and 2x4s delivered. 

I put a quick coat of mud on the seams in the dining and living rooms. 

Seam fanatics will be pleased.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment