Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Laughs in Storage

It's been rough couple of days. 

Rain, sleet, snow, and this happening yesterday didn't help.


Walt Kowalski *just* made it to work.  He said Big Red stalled twice and then all types of error messages and lights appeared on the dash.  It looks so sad, but it will be ok.  The tow man was very nice. 

I had about an hour and half between when I called for a tow and when he arrived, so I worked on cleaning out some boxes in storage.  Things were put in storage several years ago when we remodeled the game room and I have neglected getting back to clean out. (Really, what else have I have been doing?) In just a little time, I got two full boxes ready for donation, combined several other boxes of cooking items, and found some items I was missing.

Specifically, I found the journal I kept when Miss Wendy, BA, and I went on holiday.  I kept notes of what we did during the day, where and who we visited, what we ate and where we ate, and funny stories.

Here is one of those stories that made me laugh and helped raise my spirits.

After dinner, we went home to Ian's and Miss Wendy wanted a slice of pie.  She microwaved her slice on a plastic dish for a few moments.  At the beep, the pie wasn't hot, just the dish was hot. 

Ian said 'Oh you can't do that. It says no microwave on the bottom of the dish.'
Miss Wendy said 'No, it doesn't.  It says Made in Taiwan.'
BA said, 'Yeah, that's Taiwanese for Do not microwave.'

Another funny moment was while we were browsing through a small shop.  Purse and handbag thieves are very common, so keeping your bag close is a must. During browsing, Miss Wendy's bag got snagged on the handle of a grandmother's Zimmer Frame (what we call a walker.)

Miss Wendy proclaimed 'Well, now we know who the hand bag thieves are!'  Miss Wendy and the grandmother laughed and laughed.


One last story for the day.


After a long day Ian was exhausted and BA offered to make him a cup of tea.  He liked the idea and liked the tea.  BA said 'See, even an American can make a good cup of tea.'  Ian said 'Well, of course you can. The water was British, the tea was British, and the cream was British. Of course you can make a proper cup of English tea.'



1 comment :

  1. Perfect Post! Made me laugh out loud! I needed that too!

    ReplyDelete