Saturday, December 28, 2013

Let's Polka

Early this morning I was dreaming in my sleep.  There was accordion music playing in my dream.  (I have very vivid dreams.)  Not long later I was startled awake by a starving kitty cat scratching at the door. But I could still hear the accordion music.  Only then did I realize the accordion wasn't in my dreams. 

I was the accordion. 

My nose was clogged, I was congested, and every time I breathed I honked. 
Honk.  Honk.  Honk.  Honk. 

Half of the reason I was congested was because I spent the day outside cutting up the old tub.  For winter, it was a pleasant day, actually.  But two hours later, I was cold.  Walt Kowalski was working inside and I came in to warm my posterior.  Of course I warmed it by placing it on him. 

I think his words were something like 'Get your cold butt off of me!'

 
Walt Kowalski is working on adding additional support to the weight-bearing walls down through the center of the house.   He's adding an additional 2x4 to each side of the existing 2x4s.  (He said I should call this post Overkill, but it's making him feel better about the support of the house.)

 
Those two copper pipes protruding through the floor from the basement are still waiting patiently to be finished.  One is capped, the other is not.  That's when I noticed that one of them had half of a Bud Light can on it. What is Walt Kowalski up to now?  Silly me for thinking he was goofing off.  When I asked him about it, he said that saw dust was falling and he didn't want any to go in the new pipe.  He used what he had handy. 


No comments :

Post a Comment