Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Tree Rock

 
All I wanted was a nice photo of some of the new hard-to-break Christmas ornaments.  But nooooooo. 
I lined up the photo.  Lighting was good. Everything in focus.
 
I forgot to ask Walt Kowalski to play defense.  Cat defense that is. 
 
Just as I snapped the photo, some furry four-legged creature jumped onto the tree.  We won't mention names.

 
 
 
 
Try number 2 was a little better.  A few metal ornaments are all that I use on the tree in the last few years.  I have lots of nice ornaments I've collected.  I need to display them elsewhere that is cat-proof.  I'll work on that for next year.
 
 
You can see Walt Kowalski's icicle lights in the background.  They are cool.  Blue LED lights that appear to be dripping.  It was a good compromise.  He wanted a 30-foot inflatable Grinch for on the roof to wave at the mayor. 

Last night, Walt Kowalski was flipping through the channels as I was putting up some decorations. 

He passed up some good singing and some bad, bad acting when he called to me in the other room and said 'How about that show with John Quiñones?'  

Now, with several walls between us, I could only partially hear him and replied 'What about Don Quixote? I thought you were watching the Sound of Music, not The Man of LaMancha.'

These are normal conversations in the Cat Ranch.  It never fails that as he says something a train chugggs by, a loud truck accelerates up the hill, or I turn on a noisy appliance.  It does make it interesting to try to figure out the conversation. 

Instead, we just let Cocoa Fluffy walk on the ceiling.  Instead of the song "Gold On The Ceiling," we sing it as "they wanna get my fluffy on the ceiling."  The girls don't mind walking on the ceiling.  Fudge doesn't like it at all. 


Really, these are normal everyday occurances at the Cat Ranch.  You should see of the things that go on around the house.  Then again, if you did, you might all the authorities.

No comments :

Post a Comment