Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Joys

 
After days full of family and friends (we are truly blessed and loved!) Walt Kowalski and I took a much needed Christmas rest.  I didn't wear a kerchief, but Walt Kowalski did wear a cap. 
 
We slept in, ate too many cookies, listened to Christmas music, watched Christmas movies, and played games all day. 

 
 

Walt Kowalski cleaned up the game room and in the process I found two of my favorite Christmas candles.  These are probably 30+ years old.  They were always on the mantle of the house on Third Street at Christmas. 
 
(You can see my splurge of a BIG bottle of wine in the mirror!)
 
 

When I was a kid, Grammy and I used to play a hide and seek game.  She had a sticker of the Mrs. Snowman, the same one as on the candle.  We would take turns hiding the sticker around the house during the Christmas season.  I don't remember how this "game" got started, but when the sticker was found the finder would quietly re-hide Mrs. Snowman. 

 
The snowman kids on the back of the candle are cute, too.
 
Merry Christmas


No comments :

Post a Comment