Monday, December 9, 2013

If I had a hammer

I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening,
All over this land
I'd hammer out danger,
I'd hammer out a warning,
I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.
 
Peter, Paul, and Mary sang nothing about using one on a kitchen floor. 
 
 
Sunday morning brought several inches of snow and slippy roads, but it made a blah looking town look like a Christmas village.  
 
 
 
 
The mama of House #1 and I prepared to attack the kitchen floor.  We had pry bars, crowbars, hammers, and a digging bar.  The digging bar was our secret weapon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Like our fireplace?  We borrowed it from dad's garage.  It runs on the same propane tanks used for the outside grill.  It is not going to warm the entire house, but it does take the chill out of the room.  We can move it to any room we are working to warm our toes and noses.
 
 
 
 
 
 
With the digging bar and a LOT of pulling and prying, we were able to remove the top three layers of floor.  The last layer is really stuck and needs some pick, pick, picking to encourage it. 
 
What a mess.  I forgot garbage bags at the hardware store, that's why the garbage is piled to one side.  They are on tonight's list.  This kitchen floor is the last major demo we have in House #1.  We still have a long way to go, but it is a sure sign of progress and so satisfying.
 


No comments :

Post a Comment