Thursday, September 12, 2013

Things I've learned the hard way #1

I put the #1 on this post because I know there will be more.
 
Every morning I pack a small container of nuts and berries for Walt Kowalski and a small container of nuts and vitamins for myself.  Walt Kowalski gets a weekly container of vitamins on Monday mornings.  I tried the weekly container and at the end of the week I brought it home full.  The container of vitamins sat right next to my nuts, but I just didn't remember to take them. 
 
Almonds are my daily nut of choice.  Sometimes I sneak in a cashew or Brazil nut from Walt Kowalski's mixed nuts. 
 
Before I close the lid of the nut container, I go to the other kitchen cupboard cabinet and add my daily vitamins.  A pink multi vitamin, folic acid, ginseng, Acai berry, and fish oil. I normally have chromium picolinate in the mix, but I'm out of those and need to get more. We used to take a separate vitamin E, but I've read too many things lately that we're already getting enough vitamin E in the multi and too much isn't good, so I only have those once a week.
 
There are two ginseng, Acai, and fish oils everyday.  I have one of each in the morning and afternoon. 
 
As I sit at my desk and drink my tea, I have a few almonds. The salty coating goes so well with the sweetness of the tea. Recently I picked up a container of cocoa roasted almonds.  I haven't had them in a while and now I know why.  I can't stop eating them!  I allow myself a few everyday with my regular almonds.
 
Today was the end of the bag of almonds, so there was lots of almond dust that ended up in the bottom of my nut container. (Even better it was all the salty bits.)  But it covered the rest of the nuts and vitamins. No big deal.
 
So here I am at work.  Type type type.  Sip tea. Have an almond. Answer telephone. Type type type.  Sip tea. Have an almond. Answer telephone.
 
Then it happened.  I accidentally picked up one of the fish oil vitamins, popped it into my mouth, and bit down like it was an almond.
 
I knew the moment it happened but it was too late. 
 
I should, should, have just swallowed the pill, fishy liquid and all, and then taken a big drink of tea.  But nooooooooo, I stupidly spit it out into my hand to throw it away in the trash can.
 
Now my hands smell like I just came from the House o'Crab Legs.  Which isn't a bad thing when you've just come from the House o'Crab Legs. It is a bad thing when you're in your office all day. 
 
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Antibacterial hand sanitizer.
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Antibacterial hand sanitizer.
sniff sniff. 

ick. House o'Crab Legs smell.

Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Wash hands.
Antibacterial hand sanitizer.

ick!


I know it will go away in a few hours, but right now that's all I can smell.  ick.  
And now I want crab legs. 

Somewhere Walt Kowalski is reading this and saying "yum, crab legs."



No comments :

Post a Comment