Friday, September 13, 2013

In today's news...

As I was putting on my shoes this morning, I noticed that I still have my summer decorations up.  Technically, I still have my spring wreath up. 

It's half way through September.  I need to get some fall leaves up. 

Then as we were leaving, I noticed the light in the entrance.


It appears I have started to decorate for Halloween after all.  These are the authentic decorations.  No fake spider webs for us.

The rooms downstairs in House #1 have ceiling lights.  They had old ceiling fans, but we took those down and just replaced them with blubs for the time.  But this means we can work later as it is getting darker earlier.  This also means we are working later.  Just one more wall.  Just another half hour.  Just another few boards. 

I'm just as guilty.  I might be slow to start, but once I get going, I want to keep going.  We always have to remember to leave to time to clean up so we can start fresh the next day.  Having to start by cleaning up yesterday's mess is no way to start the day's mess. 

Walt Kowalski found an old classified section of newspaper when he took out the built-in cupboard in the kitchen.

June 13, 1928
 Life was different back then.  There was three different articles about people being killed by trains.  These weren't front page news articles either. 

All of the articles were very small.  Then again, it was a small local newspaper.  I liked this about the Lincoln Highway.  I'd like to search for more information to see what was changed and how close to it's current location it is.

The divorces section make me laugh.  My, this would be a humorous section of the paper today.  Cruel and barbarous treatment. 

 
 
 
How about renting a house?  Four rooms for $18 a month. Or six rooms, a cellar, and a attic for $30.
 
 
And if you wanted to buy a five room in excellent condition.  It includes a furnace, just incase you were worried.  $4,450. 

Look at the phone numbers, too. 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment