Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One last kibble

It was Sam's Club day at the Cat Ranch.  The cats got dry food, Walt Kowalski got vitamins, and I got bread. I shared with Walt Kowalski, but not the cats.

Cocoa Fluff, the cat who is scared of bags, was willing to risk this particular bag. 



And we aren't just talking about a few loose kibbles at the edge of the bag, she went for the gold at the bottom of the bag.  There are always a few that just won't come out easily.


 
This is the cat that is afraid when I bring a bag of groceries into the house.  The same cat that is afraid when I pull the full garbage out of the can under the sink.  The same cat that hides in fear in the basement when I replace the garbage bag under the sink!
 
But when you add food to the mix, the bravery appears. 
 
It was her bag, and she was not giving it up. After we emptied the food into smaller containers, they each took turns crawling inside and licking the bag.  When I thought they were done with it, I picked it up to take it and reuse it for garbage.  I went to grab the small trash cans in the bathrooms and when by the time I came back, Fudge had pushed it off of the pool table, onto the floor, and was licking it some more.  
 
They are starving, don't you know.   Of course, if you talk to Grammy their mother doesn't feed them. 

No comments :

Post a Comment