Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mystery

Yesterday after work, Walt Kowalski and I stopped home to the Cat Ranch before heading to House #1 to demo the bathroom.  The last room to demo! 

Hanging on the handle of our front door was a jacket.  A long sleeve, blue plaid, hooded jacket.  The kind I would wear on a cold fall day to work outside.  But it wasn't mine.

Walt Kowalski noticed it first.  I said 'Oh, Grammy must have been in the neighborhood and stopped by.  It's probably one of dad's old ones that she doesn't want him to wear anymore.'

Walt Kowalski said 'See if she left you a note in the pocket.'

No note in the pocket. 

Instead, I found $2 in one pocket and a silver teaspoon in the other pocket. 

This is weird.

I smelled it and it didn't smell familiar either. 

Walt Kowalski said 'Let's see if she left a note inside the house and what else she left.'

No note in the house either. No other evidence of Grammy in the house either.  Walt Kowalski said 'Call Grammy and find out if she left it.'  I did.  She didn't.  Grammy said she wasn't at the house at all. 

This is getting weirder. 

So who dropped off a long sleeve, blue plaid, hooded jacket with two dollars and a teaspoon in the pocket at the Cat Ranch?

Walt Kowalski set the jacket back outside.  it was a little too mysterious for him.  I washed the spoon.  The two dollars are in the basket in the kitchen.  The owner of the jacket can claim them all.

Eventually we made it to House #1.  Walt Kowalski had to drag me away from the garden department at the home improvement store.  We worked most of the evening trying to get the fiberglass bathtub surround off of the wall.  Tonight we will prevail. 

It was a very small room for two people swinging hammers. I get a little overzealous trying to help at times.  Walt Kowalski is always very careful and I am so thankful.  He joked and said, 'With the two of us, we really should be wearing hard hats and have 911 on speed dial.'  He knows me so well. 

2 comments :

  1. We found a cake on our deck stairs one time and didn't know who it was from ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about that! That was timing/weather related mystery. hahaha I could use a piece of chocolate cake right now.

    ReplyDelete