Thursday, September 4, 2014

Daily Randoms


Just a few randoms from the Cat Ranch today.

The fog rolled yesterday morning.  It was a normal sunny morning, then all of sudden...Fog. Makes me think of that commercial on TV.  Fraud protection.  Frog protection.  Fraud. Frog.  What about fog?

 
Every evening, just at dusk, we have a bat that comes out.  He flies around, swoops down to get a snack and flies around some more.  We call him Igor.  Recently, he's got a girlfriend.  Mrs. Igor.  They have an evening meal together. 

Yesterday, when I went to clean the litter boxes, I thought there was a leaf stuck to the litter scooper.  Then when I got closer I realized it was no leaf. 

 
It was Igor!  Or Mrs. Igor.  He must have flew into the open garage over the weekend and was hiding in the garage.  He wasn't on the scooper the previous day when I cleaned the litter boxes.

I carefully put the lid on the scooper box and carried outside.  Then I carefully picked up the scooper and flipped Igor off of it.  I was worried he wasn't breathing, I didn't want to do bat CPR.  Then I looked closer and I could see his tiny heart beating a thousand beats per minute. 

I partially covered him with a leaf and left him alone. 

When I returned to check on him an hour later, he was gone.  I'm certain Mrs. Igor was worried about him.  (Really, honey, I was trapped. I wasn't out all night with the guys!)


THEN as if I didn't have enough problems, I have another one.  Or in his case, three more. 

Yoo Hoo has competition for snacks.


This cutie has two siblings.  All have come for snacks. *sigh* They are very skittish. Fudge is not pleased. 

No comments :

Post a Comment