Friday, September 19, 2014

Confession

I have a confession to make.

I went to the store this morning to play the lottery.  It was larger than normal.  I took a chance. Hey, somebody has to be the donator, right? If you don't paly, you won't min. Besides, the last time I played I won $3.  Paid for my ticket.

My mission: run in, play the lottery, run back out, and home to work on the closet project. 

But when I pulled up to the small store, I noticed a familiar car parked outside.  It was a car of a friend. 

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.  Socializing wasn't on the mission plan. 

Now it's not that I don't like this person, but I just had nothing to say to this person.  The last time I saw them we did the How are yous? Yeah, it's been forever.  Yeah, we should get together soon.  Yeah, we've been so busy, too.  Yeah, I'll tell Walt Kowalski you said hi. Yeah, call us.

So I just waited a moment in my car until I saw them get in their car and leave.

GUILT. {hangs head in shame}

I felt guilty I didn't say Hi.  It's not that I didn't want to talk, I just didn't want to be social in that moment.  I felt guilty we haven't gotten together. It's not that I didn't want to get together, but our life moves so quick and so does theirs.  

As I returned home to my closet project, I thought about other people I haven't seen in a while.  In this technology filled world, it's not that we're not in touch, but we don't see each other IN person.  I know the details of their lives, but haven't seen them. I'm still connected to them. A few years ago, this would not have been true.  How many relationships have been lost because of proximity? Maybe I shouldn't feel as guilty as I feel. 


The closet project is going well.  I have a nice pile of clothes for donation, a pile for the nieces, and a few things that went into the mending pile (you know, for future disposal J).

I also found a village. I forgot about these:


Originally they were a canister set I bought at a garage sale.  They are wooden and were missing the plastic liners so they could be used for flour, sugar, and tea.  I instead used them to hold my jewelry and odds and ends that collect on a dresser.  I think the Tea Room is full of lip glosses. 

I also started the new personal document burn pile. Pepper was so thoughtful to compress those documents with her body.

1 comment :

  1. It is so difficult to make time to get together. Life is so busy. Don't feel guilty. That won't help. Maybe find someone that you want to re-connect with and just reach out. Most people understand, since almost everyone is just busy busy busy. I, for one, miss you terribly and would love to see you! And Walt. :)

    ReplyDelete