Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wax on, Wax off

Or in my case, grout on, grout off.  For the ladies, it was paint on. Roll on!

I spent most of the day on my knees grouting the kitchen floor.
 


I'm using the same gray in the kitchen and the bathroom (and the laundry). 



Meanwhile, the painting crew was working in the bedrooms.  The Mama of the house wanted some color for the bedroom of the 4-year-old.  The Mama was thinking a nice pale shade of pink.

The 4-year-old had other colors in mind.

4YO:  FIRE ENGINE RED!
Mama: NO.  How about this pretty mauve?
4YO: No.  Bright Blue!
Mama:  No.  How about pink?
4YO: No.  Purple.
Mama:  A light purple?
4YO: No.
Mama: How about just on one wall?

Deal.

Purple with glitter. 

Mama was a little nervous to put the dark purple on the new white wall.  After mixing the glitter, and taking a big breath, she dove in.  (Worst case, it can be covered by additional paint.)



It was beautiful!  Dark, but beautiful. 

The glitter was really cool.  Just as cool as the confetti my sister used on the walls in my niece's rooms. 
 
 
 
It turned out really nice.  It looks like a starry night sky.  I can't wait to see it at night.

No comments :

Post a Comment