Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bits and Pieces


I hate wasting anything.  It makes me very angry when I lose a vegetable in the fridge and it spoils.  You should see what I do to the toothpaste tube.  When I can't squeeze anymore out, I cut the end off and I can get 2 more weeks of tooth brushing from that tube.

Walt Kowalski just rolls his eyes at me. 

What? There's more inside.  Lotion tubes, peanut butter jars, the crumbs a the bottom of the bag of chips, makeup containers. There is always more product inside that tube or bottle or jar.  It becomes a challenge to get every last drop. 

Just as I think Walt Kowalski is rolling his eyes, he turns out to be a non-waster, too. 

With any project (tile, laminate floor, drywall, paint) there is always some left over.  Sometimes, like paint, it's just extra in the gallon.   A extra paint is never a bad thing.  Sometimes, like tile, it's all the little pieces that were cut off for installation around registers and corners.  Not full pieces, not even half pieces. 

Walt Kowalski saved them all.  And he used them all.  Around the pipes coming from the basement.  There will always be cabinets in the kitchen.  These tile will never be seen unless the cabinets are replaced. Even then, the tile will only be seen momentarily until the new cabinets are installed. 

 
I'll fill in the spaces with extra grout.

 
While Walt Kowalski was using up the tile pieces, I was using up the drywall pieces.  The stairs up to the attic and down to the basement needed drywall.  We left both for last for this exact reason.  the insulation needed covered, but the drywall and plaster didn't need to be perfect like the other walls in the house.  

The laundry room walls were next on our list. 

 
 
Three walls done.  1 ceiling and 1 wall to go. 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment