Sunday, July 6, 2014

Independent, but Connected Yet Thoughtful

Walt Kowalski and I are independent, but connected, yet thoughtful of each other.  We were both independent before we met, but have grown connected and dependent upon each other and thoughtful of things to make life easier for each other. 

Sometimes we are too connected.  And too thoughtful.

Saturday morning, after breakfast, I emptied the coffee pot.  I cleaned it out, refilled it with fresh coffee and added water.  Yes, it was a little early, WAY earlier than I normally would have made coffee.  I wanted to get a jump on packing up a few things for home before Sunday morning.  (I have lots of other vacation stories for later. If you can stand them!)

Anyway, made coffee, snapped the top of coffee pot closed and didn't think about it again.

Until Sunday morning.  Sunday morning when we got up to watch the sunrise.  As I was walking by the kitchen, I just happened to notice the top of the coffee pot was open.  Whatever.  Not totally awake.

It was a beautiful sunrise.  Wow. 


(It is times like this when I truly feel connected to a higher power.)

We enjoyed our last 2014 vacation sunrise over the Atlantic.  Then we snuck back to bed for an extra hour of zzzzzs before our journey home.

About 10 minutes later, the open coffee pot wandered into my sleepy brain.  There is no reason that coffee pot lid should be open. 

No wait.

There is only one reason that coffee pot lid *could* be open.  Walt Kowalski.

J
Saturday afternoon he took out the trash.  Knowing I make the coffee in the evening, he emptied what normally would have been the old coffee grounds into the garbage.  Instead, it was actually the new coffee ready to be brewed.

I was early.  He was helpful.

Crap a lost pot of coffee.

There was absolutely, nothing I could be mad about.  In the bigger picture, it was just a pot of coffee.  His thoughtfulness made me smile.  We were both doing things to help the other person.   

No comments :

Post a Comment