Monday, January 27, 2014

The Great Plant Caper

In August 2012, my department moved into a new building on campus.  It's a "green" building.  Green is the newest trend.  My family has been green WAY before green was cool.  We called it saving money.  Although there is nothing about this building that saved money.

Anyway....this new building has less natural light in the offices than the old building did.  *sigh*  But it's green!

I had a building full of plants from the previous location that I brought with me.  One guy on administration didn't like the location of my plants and required they be removed. Yes, he said that.  I think he also said to find a closet to put them in.  Yes, let's have a green building with nothing green in it.  His definition of green is different from my definition of green. 

Most of my plants got relocated from common areas in the building into my dark office.  I also put a few in another office next to mine and a conference room down the hall. 

NOTE: My office does have awful, overhead florescent lighting. 

Every afternoon Friday I take 15 minutes to water the plants.  Before Christmas break, I noticed that one of the Peace Lilies wasn't looking so good.  It is a forgiving plant, but this one needed more light. 

So I moved the plant to the window ledge of the kitchenette.  The kitchenette is shared by my department and the department across the hall.  About 20 people and it has a large window that gets more light during the day.  I left a note on the plant that said this was a temporary home.

On Friday I went to water the plants as usual.  Except the Peace Lily in the kitchenette was missing.  Plant, pot, and water catcher.  All missing. 

I watered the Peace Lily last week so I know it went missing sometime this week. 

I'm going to have to hang a sign.



My conclusions come down to two things.  1.  Someone bumped it over, made a big mess, and cleaned up the evidence.  or 2. Someone just doesn't like plants. 

No comments :

Post a Comment