Friday, January 24, 2014

Brrrrrrr


It's cold.  Still cold.

I know, I know, it's winter.  It's supposed to be cold.  Heck, I used to like to ski!  I still like to ski.

I don't remember skiing in temperatures less than 15 degrees. 

Maybe I'm just getting old.
Maybe the sight of the wind blowing the snow off the roof. 

Last night, after getting groceries, putting away groceries, and taking out the trash, Walt Kowalski and I were chilled to the bone.  I stood in front of the fire all night.  Walt Kowalski hid under a blanket on the couch. 

There is more snow predicted tonight. 

We have a plan to get additional boards right after work.  Hopefully before the next snow arrives. 

Wait a minute, going to the home improvement store in a snowstorm.  That sounds like a very familiar situation from last week. Same day of the week.  Same snow storm.  Same cold.  Same boards. 

The forecast for next week predicts almost 30 degrees!  Maybe we'll get the driveway shoveled. 

Maybe skiing is a good idea after all. Maybe staying in by the fire with a hot toddy is an even better idea.  



How do you spell the sound of teeth chattering? 

PS.  I tried to get a photo of the wind blowing the snow off the roof of my office building, but every time I waited for it...nothing happened.  Yet, I turn my back to the window and what do I see in the reflection of my monitor: blowing snow.  I think the wind was mocking me. 


2 comments :