Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chores

Walt Kowalski and I had a list of "chores" we wanted to accomplish around the Cat Ranch over Christmas break. 
 
Silly things like changing the water filters and cleaning out the pantry.  Silly things that need done but end up taking the entire afternoon.  
 
He got the water filter changed.  I didn't get the pantry cleaned out. 
 
That's the nice part about chores, there will always be tomorrow.  There will also always be more chores.
 
Another item on the to-do list was to finish the tile at the bottom of the steps.  It's a small square, only 4 whole tiles and 4 partial tiles.  This fall we removed the old green shag carpet at the bottom of the steps and at the entrance.  Walt Kowalski got the temporary tiles in the entrance put down right away, but the tile at the bottom was still unfinished.  It required the use of the wet saw. 
 

 
After a little struggling, we got it functioning.  He measured and cut the four side pieces.  I was the stenographer and tile gluer.

Of course, we got cat assistance.  Everything requires cat assistance.

 
I didn't get a finished photo because it's not finished.  It still needs grouted.  Add that to the to-do list for the next snow day. 

We also changed the cat filter as seen in the photo below:



All heat must be filtered through cats first.  *sigh*

Look at all those cans in the background!  Just look at all of those cans that missed the recycling bin!  In -0 weather, my aim isn't the best. OK, I admit it, I didn't even look.  I just opened the door and toss them outside.  I'll get them another day.  Another warmer day that is.

No comments :

Post a Comment