Monday, January 27, 2014

Keys Please!


Sunday morning we were getting ready to leave to go to the store and to House #1. 
It's cold. 
It's snowing. 

Go the laundry room to get my boots.
Lots of dirty laundry. 
Put a load of wash in the machine.
Get extra sweatshirt on.
Get extra socks on.
Get boots on.
Get gloves on.
Feed cats.
Get coat on.

Have to use bathroom.

Take off coat.
Take off gloves.

Put coat back on.
Put gloves back on.

Walt Kowalski said he was going to warm up the truck and shovel a path down the driveway.  At this point he's probably shoveled the entire driveway and the truck is out of gas.

Get wallet.
Get phone.
Get house keys.

Keys.
Where are house keys?

House keys are always in the same spot. 

No house keys in same spot. 
Under wallet? No.
Under coat from yesterday?  No.
In pocket of coat from last night?  No. 
In kitchen? No.
On wall?  No. 

Crap.  Double crap. 

These are all of the keys in the world.  Every house key in the world is on this key ring.  I always put it in the same spot in the house and the same spot in the truck. 

Crap, crap, crappity, crap.

Walt Kowalski has his own set of every house key in the world so he wouldn't have picked up mine and I used them to open the front door last night so they HAD to be IN the house.  They could be lost forever!

Ok fine, I will just go confess to Walt Kowalski that I can't find them and use his set so we can get this show on the road.

When I opened the front door I heard the familiar jingle jangle.  No, it wasn't Santa Claus, but it was a present.


*sigh*

It was so cold and snowy when we got home on Saturday night, that I hurried and closed the door behind us. 

Thank goodness we live in a safe neighborhood.  When I told Walt Kowalski what I had done, he said, 'You made it too easy for the burglars.  They wouldn't have thought to look for keys in the door.'

2 comments :

  1. At least they weren't under the long johns.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! When I couldn't find them, I thought about where you found your keys.

    ReplyDelete