Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Silver linings

 
I am finding the silver lining today.  Also, so I don't dive head-first into an entire deep-dish pizza by myself.
 
 


We had a very productive weekend.  A little plumbing, a little shoveling, a little wall building, and an evening out. 

In the snow on Saturday, Walt Kowalski finished a water line for the boiler at House #2.  


Saturday night we treated ourselves to pizza and a concert.  An excellent concert.  Walt Kowalski and I have gone to see Get The Led Out for the last three years.  They bill themselves as "The American Led Zeppelin."  They are not Led Zeppelin impersonators and they make sure they tell the audience.  They have a love for the music and play it *exactly* the way you hear it on the record.  They joked and said 'Please feel free to play air guitar along with us.'  Many of the people in the audience did. 

It was an excellent concert.  They are talented musicians and it really did sound just like the original recordings. 

It also amazed me that with the weather and roads as bad as it was Saturday night, the theater was still sold out and completely attended. 

It also amazed me that people leave before the end of the show.  Maybe they only had the baby sitter until 10:45.  Good reason.  Maybe they didn't put enough money in the parking meter.  Possible, except parking is free on the weekends.  Maybe the roads were getting bad.  Nope, roads were already not good. 

I don't understand.  It's not the big city.  You're not going to sit in traffic on the bridge or in front of the tunnel for 45 minutes.  Yes, Walt Kowalski and I waiting about 5 minutes to get out of the parking garage, but we were also parked on the very top level. 

I suppose that these are also the same people that leave before the fireworks finale, before curtain call at a musical production, and before the last hymn of mass is finished.   

Then again, these are probably the same people that pass me in a big hurry on the highway, only to find I caught up to them at the next red light.  Makes me want to wave and smile at them.  Hi. 



Sunday we built a new wall between the dining room and laundry room.  Walt Kowalski said 'You gonna help me or take pictures of dogs playing in the snow?'


Busted.  They are cute dogs.


No comments :

Post a Comment