Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Blessings

I have been blessed with family on Thursday AND unexpectedly (and wonderfully) on Wednesday. Everything happens for a reason.  Had I not taken the dirty dinner dishes upstairs at the moment I did on Tuesday night I would not have heard my phone ring and would have missed the visit from family on Wednesday. 

Wednesday was full of baking cooking.  Pumpkin pies, cherry pie, chocolate pie, sweet potato casseroles with marshmallows and with brown sugar and walnuts, mashed potatoes, slow cooked cranberry sauce, bread sticks and dinner rolls, and green beans. I also make something chocolately for anybody who doesn't like pie. 

 
Grammy does the turkey, stuffing and gravy the morning of Thanksgiving.

 


The chocolate pie was a hit this year. I'll have to make two next year.
 
 
The last chocolately thing I made was a pretzel and peanut butter combination.  They were supposed to be truffles rolled and dipped in chocolate.  My roller was tired.  My dipper was even more tired. 

They turned into flat cookies.  And were delicious. I'll be making this again.


I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments :

Post a Comment