Thursday, November 20, 2014

Filth


Cleaning is not my favorite activity.  I do it more often now than I did 8 months ago.  The Cat Ranch isn't dirty, furry maybe, but not dirty.  Clutter is a completely different issue.

The bathroom tub at the Bungalow is in poor condition.  It has only a small crack, which is fixable, but the finish of the fiberglass is worn off.  They make a spray-on paint product that will refinish the fiberglass.



The first step is to clean the tub.  Armed with SuperClean and a scrub brush I attacked.  I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed and let the SuperClean work. 

Have you ever used SuperClean?  It's great.  It is meant for cleaning and degreasing wheels and rims.  It cleans everything.  (Careful on some surfaces.)

I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed with my hand held scrub brush.  It worked, but it was exhausting.  I got the broom and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed.

Huffing and puffing. 

Then I got up close and personal with the tub.  As it turns out, the tub wasn't stained, it was covered in hardened soap and gunk.  (Gunk is a technical word.)

A degreaser wasn't going to solve my problem.  I needed to scrape.  Scrape and scrape and scrape.

Sanding worked out best.  I had a fine piece of waterproof sand paper and gently sanded the soap and grim off of the fiberglass.

 
Now the shower sparkles!  The floor of the tub is a little worn, but acceptable for now.  No need for refinishing.

I also worked on painting trim.





No comments :

Post a Comment