Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Floor Realizations

I had a realization this morning. 

As I was standing in line with several 6 foot customers at the home improvement store at 7:15am, I realized that not only was I the only woman customer at the store at that hour, but all of the clerks were male, too.  I know many women work at the store, but at that hour on this day, the numbers were not in my favor.  This 5 foot lady with a ponytail on her head holding two chip brushes and a can of stain got several sideways glances, for sure. 

It was fine by me. 

I left the male-dominated computer industry and jumped feet first into the male-dominated remolding/construction industry. Trailblazer? Doubtful. Typical?  Definitely.

Along with the kitchen floor, we also started on the living room this weekend.

The living room had become our work zone.

 
The old hardwood was in poor condition.  Along with many years of spilled paint, there was staples from carpet padding, tack track, random nails, and loose floor boards.

We installed a thin layer of plywood to even the playing field.

 
The laminate goes down fast.

 
What an improvement.



No comments :

Post a Comment