Thursday, November 6, 2014

New Holidays

Sunday Walt Kowalski cleaned off the kitchen table.  It was clean for approximately 3.28 seconds before a cat jumped up on it.  Yesterday I cleaned off the kitchen counters.  That lasted 5.47 seconds.  Same with the floor.  There was a tumbleweed when I returned home.

And. So. Many. Papers.

Which made me think there should be a few new holidays on the calendar.

Holidays such as:

- No Dirty Clothes Day

This would be the day when all hampers are empty and all dirty clothes are washed. (This is a very rare holiday at the Cat Ranch.)


- No Dirty Dishes in the Sink Day

Similar to the previous holiday. Also a rare holiday in our house.


- Clean Kitchen Table/Counters Day
- No Lost Keys/Phone/Glasses/Shoes/Bills/Remote Day
- All Floors Swept and Mopped Day
- Got Everything on the Grocery List Day

Some days:

- Remembered the Grocery List Day

Both rare occurrences in our house. 


There would be specific holidays for families with children, such as:

- Homework Without Tears Day
- Baths and Bedtime Without Meltdowns Day
- A Day Without Sibling Bickering

Although I hear that just a hour would be considered a celebration.


There would be some holidays that would work for both families with and without children.

- Remembered Everything Before Leaving Day (Homework/Instrument/Uniform/Lunches/Gym Clothes)
- Everybody Liked Dinner Day
- Everybody Agreed on the Same Movie Day

I like celebrating small victories.  I take all suggestions for new holidays.  What are some you celebrate in your house?

2 comments :

  1. This post gave me a chuckle. Hey, No Dirty Clothes Day should be on the same day as Nudist Day. That's the way to work the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh!!!
    I could go for an "eat dinner without complaining day" and a "no bodily fluids outside the body day". Would it be pushing it if I also asked for a "no whining day"? Yeah. I thought so too.

    ReplyDelete