Monday, November 17, 2014

Dishes

Walt Kowalski and I got a lot done this weekend, but little of it was planned. 

Black Friday sales started last week at the home improvement store.  We were waiting for appliances to go on sale and when they did we bought them all. 

Ok, not ALL of them but most of the white ones. 

Appliances at House #1 are now complete. Walt Kowalski installed the dishwasher.


 
The new dishwasher has blue spaceship lights.

 
 
 
Sunday we were supposed to hang the kitchen cabinets in the Bungalow, but the boys called and said "Let's split firewood!"  Knowing the weather was supposed to turn frigid, we couldn't pass on the opportunity.  It was a chilly day, but the fire kept them warm. 
 
I had a moment of panic this morning. 
 
Walt Kowalski said 'What time is Thanksgiving dinner next Thursday?'
I said 'Dinner isn't next Thursday. It's the last Thursday of the month.'
He looked at me.
I looked back at him.
He LOOKED at me.
I looked at the calendar.
 
Oh crap, it is the last Thursday of the month this year, which IS NEXT WEEK! Which is also when the Bungalow needs to be ready.
 
I have lots to do. 
 
I need to work in the bathroom.  (I haven't even started painting!)
I have to stain and poly the new bathroom cabinet and work on the shower.  The new fan is still in the box. The back bedroom still needs painted.  The closet isn't finished.  The kitchen cabinets aren't hung. The trim everywhere needs painted.
 
Don't forget about the potatoes!
 
Next Wednesday this turns into a cooking blog. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry, green beans, bread, pies, pies, and more pies.
 
I can smell the goodness already.
 
Ok, deeeeeeep breath.  The moment of panic passed.  I'll get it all done.

2 comments :