Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Online

I just read an article in a magazine that asked "Does anybody still dry their clothes on the line?!?!?!" Yes we do. 

I know many communities and housing associations ban outside clothes racks.  Pity.

I'm one of those people. I love using fresh air and a warm breeze to dry my clothes. Yes, some things get a little stiff after drying on the line, but nothing 5 minutes in the dryer won't cure.  (I've heard a little vinegar in the wash will help with the stiffness.)

I have lots of dress clothes that I never put in the dryer.  Most other clothes can go in the dryer but when you need a particular item NOW, I can wait until tomorrow when it's dry.

My limit... socks, unders, and towels.  (Remind me to write a post about the humorous and wonderful trip to England with Miss Wendy and Miss Brenda.)

I don't have a permanent clothes line and that's ok.  I follow the sun and the warm breeze.  Sometimes it's on the side of the house, sometimes it's late in the evening in the driveway.

Yesterday it was on the back patio.

 
Cocoa Fluff was not pleased I was outside without her.  (Ha you can see my pink clogs!)


The kitchen cabinets at the bungalow are done.  I finished another coat of poly yesterday. 


No, it's not part of the movie the Sixth Sense.  I didn't want any of the doors to stick to the cabinet.  I also didn't feel like taking all off the doors off.

It was a perfect day to stain and poly.  I could open the windows and doors to let the breeze in and not be overcome by stinky fumes. 

1 comment :