Monday, August 18, 2014

What's Cookin'?

When Walt Kowalski takes a long weekend, we are always exhausted by Monday morning.  Today is no exception.  I could use a nap already. 

But it was a great and productive weekend.  The weather was beautiful.  We had three evenings of campfires.  Mars and Saturn were easily visible.

It's tricky to get a photo of a planet without moving the camera.  They were so close and bright.  Walt Kowalski reminds me that I have a telescope.  I do have a telescope.  Maybe I know what I will be doing this fall.  {FYI, there's lots of things coming this fall.  Stay tuned.}

 
 
This long weekend had a specific purpose: kitchen cabinets and counter top.  I had a coupon!  The goal was to get as much in one purchase as possible.  The problem was fitting all of the purchases into the truck.  But we did it. 
 
How do you fit a 10x10 kitchen into the bed of an 8 foot truck?
 

Very carefully.  And a few tie down straps.

 


We had a few minor adjustments {frustrations} with the first cabinet.  The house is not square. (Good luck finding a house that is perfectly square.) Nothing a shim or two or three won't fix.  Here's our fancy crutch to help hold the cabinet in place.
 
 
Once we found level, we were rolling. 

 
We specifically did not finish the drywall in the laundry room (the wall behind the cabinets).  This way if we needed an additional support brace to hang cabinets, we could add one.  I also took photos of the window wall before I finished the drywall so we knew were the studs and support beams were located.  We referred to that photo more than a few times.   

 
We like it.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment