Monday, August 4, 2014

Cat Tree Completion


My goal for today was to put away 5 baskets of laundry and finish the cat tree.  I did both!  I was proud of myself until I found 2 more baskets of clean laundry in the laundry room. 
 
Who makes all of these dirty clothes!?!
 
Here was the before photo again.
 
 
The deconstruction part too WAY longer than I expected.  There was about 2,000 staples holding the sheepskin to the particle board.  Fudge was telling me to hurry up! Or to feed him.  They sound the same. 
 
 
It really was nasty. 
 
 
Of course, even as I was taking it apart, I had help.
 
 
I painted all of the wood, wrapped new ropes, and got some new blankets and sheets.  The spray paint was in the storage, so it was "free."  I got the blankets and sheet blankets at the thrift store for $3.  They got an extra hot water bath in washer.  The rope from the home improvement store was the most expensive item in the repair. 

Even as I was putting the tree back together, Oreo couldn't wait. 
 
 
I accidentally painted the wrong side of one of the flat boards.  My plan was delayed until dark to allow for drying time. 


 
Ta-da!  It is finished.  The sheet blanket at the top is a little too thick.  I'll probably cut it in half.  I put a blanket inside each house section and inside each perch.  They are not stapled to the wood, so they will probably end up on the floor after a few days, but that also means they can end up in the washer. Or garbage. 

I can add additional pillows and blankets in the winter or buy new ones.  They have an endless supply at the thrift store.

They couldn't wait to test out the new digs.  Here is Oreo modeling.  The only sheepskin I kept was on the slanted scratching runway. 

No comments :

Post a Comment