Friday, August 22, 2014

Gravel

Earlier this week, the mama of House #1 and I were running errands and made a wrong turn.  We didn't get lost.  We turned down a road that was under construction. 

Flagmen (and women)
Big yellow trucks
Hot stinky oil
Gravel chips everywhere

Once we realized what was going on, it was too late to turn back.  What a mess.  There were stone chips on the roof of my car!

We got home only to see this sign on the road to the Cat Ranch:


Noooooo!!! We were next.

*sigh*  Well, let's look at the positive.  Maybe it will slow down the traffic. 

Yesterday they arrived.  First the street sweepers, which put all cats on edge.  Then the convoy.  The noise made everybody run and hide.

 

 
 
I liked the idea of the Pilot Car.  When we were stuck in the construction, we did follow him.  Except he drove way too fast for me to follow closely behind on new gravel.  Probably the reason I had gravel on my roof.

 
I do admire the person driving the truck in reverse.  He spends the entire day going backwards.
 
 
 

Now the negatives.  I know all of the excess gravel is going to clog the gutter of the road.  Who do you think is going to have to clean it out?  The state's website says 'chipping is an effective treatment for lower-volume roads.' 

Lower-volume!  There is nothing about our road that is low-volume.  Not even the noise of the vehicles! 

Low-volume.  Ha!

They go on to say that this method has been extended to high-volume roads due to budget constraints.  Of course.  Grrr. 

Excuse me while I go sweep my driveway so no more stones end up in the house.

No comments :

Post a Comment