Friday, August 1, 2014

Funny Stories


As we were painting the other day, the conversation flowed.  In between stories of underwear, neighbors, relatives, and flooring there were several strange and unusual statements that totally made sense.


Mama of House #2 said: Could you move this wheelchair, I need to paint. 
Mama of House #1 replied:  Sure, I can move the highchair.

They were talking about a ladder.  They both used different words, but they both knew what the other was talking about.


Later the Mama of House #2 said to her son, 'Why would you do that?  You just mowed the lawn in your bedroom!"
She meant run the sweeper. 

Ha ha ha It's good to know it's not just me that goofs up words. 


Cat Tree/ Condo update:

A former co-worker approved of my cat tree improvements.  He is also a multiple cat owner and just recently bought a new, used cat condo.  He reminded me that I didn't follow proper protocol. 

He reminded me that for any construction to take place I needed to do the following:

- Put it out for bids to approved vendors
- Specify the materials to be used meet the ASPCA standards
- Have legal council review the bids
- Schedule construction
- Provide temporary access for cats to another condo
- Erect appropriate signage
- Calculate 30% for cost over-runs & benefits to worker(s)
- Begin construction in the Spring

The funny, yet sad part, is that all of this is exactly true how things function.

I guess I'm going to have to get hard cats for the cats.


No comments :

Post a Comment