Thursday, October 3, 2013

Huh??

I am drowning in a sea of acronyms.

We had a two hour (TWO HOUR!!) staff meeting today.  The boss dragged on for so long that we didn't even get to the part of the agenda where we go around the table and talk about any concerns the other staff might have.  Which now means that if we are having an issue, we'll have to schedule another meeting. 

We just listened to the boss talk on and on and on and on and on and on about how he was scheduling meetings to talk about meetings and planning for meetings and preparing to meet to determine a meeting time. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oops, I think I nodded off there for a moment.

I work in a field full of acronyms.  In every meeting (and we have at least one a week) I write them all down and then go back to my office and look them up on the internet dictionary of acronyms.  Only then am I able to understand what the meeting was actually about. 

He also loves buzz words.  I have another co-worker like that, too.

ASAP
BTW
EOM
ETA
FOB
KRA
APs
PAs
EOD
TBD
WEF
CTAC
SLA
OEM
ACL
DSL
LAN
NAC
CSSD
CIDDE
WAN

Ok so he didn't use all of these in the meeting this morning, but it was darn close.

Then there are the catch phrases.

chump change
disjointed
central repository
parasites
augmentation
boning up
self supporting unit
recruitment vehicle
facilitator
synergy
rudimentary
juxtapose
If you don’t move forward, you're a dinosaur.
bastardize
indigent
brain trust
microcosmic universe
emulate success
piggy back
quasi lease
superfluous
cannibalizing
intimate

I have only two words to say about all of this.....lunch time.

No comments :

Post a Comment