Thursday, March 5, 2015

Travel Day

My schedule said "Go North" today. 

Last week we were warned about a terrible snowstorm coming.  It rained and rained and rained. And rained.  Dud of a storm. The well is full, thanks.

Yesterday the weather was the hot topic again.  Weather. Weather. Weather.  Every conversation started with the weather. What is it doing out there?  What is it going to do? Has it started yet? Should we leave early?

If you're like me, you listen, but after the last few dud storms, you listen with only one ear.  Knowing my schedule said "Go North," I decided to play it safe and warn my bosses (I have multiple) the day before the storm was to arrive. 

Two of my bosses are located down south.  Not deep south. But south enough that if they get a 1/2 inch of snow, the entire town is closed.

I warned them "Hey, there is a storm coming.  It might be a dud or it might not be.  If it's questionable in the morning, I'm not going North." "Don't wait!!! Reschedule now!!!"

Ok. Next week it is. I can tell they are not from this area to be so worried about weather. The snow was *supposed* to start early and keep snowing. As for now, it's just raining. Still.

Walt Kowalski called me on the way home and said "The iceberg at the end of the driveway has cracked.  I don't know if you're going to get in.  GO SLOW!"

He wasn't kidding.

 
After the rains, when Walt Kowalski came home in Big Red the iceberg collapsed. Little Red was not going to make it into the driveway. The pile of ice "rocks" was waist deep. We were running out of places to put it. 


That's 10 inches thick of ice. He picked and picked and picked.  He made *just* enough room for Little Red to make it in.  I helped pick and move the ice.  We got it clear.  Again.

But still no slow.  Just a cold, wet rain. It's going to be a dud of a storm again.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
snore snore snore
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 hours later


No dud.


You can just barely see where Big Red was parked and it is still coming down. 
 

Glad I didn't go North. (Funny, North didn't get the snow!)

No comments :

Post a Comment