Monday, March 9, 2015

Home Show

Walt Kowalski and I spent Friday evening at the Home Show. We don't often go into the "big" city.  We generally stick to our little city at home. 

The tunnel looks good.  Everybody still slows down.  Not much traffic on our side going into the city.  All the traffic was backed up waiting to go home after work.  There was traffic waiting to get off of the parkway to go to the ice arena.  Dancing ice princesses were also in town. 

 
I joked with Walt Kowalski that he wasn't allowed to buy a hot tub at the Home Show.  Guess who was the first to look at them?  Guilty, it was me.  They are nice.  Some are HUGE! I would love to have been there to watch them bring some of these things inside the building.

 
We strolled through everything.  Outdoor section, kitchen and bathroom section, all the replacement windows.  So many great ideas, so little time.  In the housewares section they had lots of infomercial appliances.  Knives, pots and pans, mops, brooms, a very cool hand pump whisk (thought about it, but didn't buy it), a steam iron that the vendor was determined to sell me. 

We also "tested" or rather sampled all of the wineries.  The sample cups were smaller than a shot glass, more like a tablespoon. But after 2 or 3 of them, my face and neck were flushed.  I though a frozen slush sample might have helped cool me off, but instead it gave me instant brain freeze.   Walt Kowalski just knew it was coming from the moment I took a sip and before he could say anything, I was holding my head saying "ow."  All he can do is laugh. 


 
They had several playhouse/shed structures.  This one even had a second floor loft.  It was a great view of the show. those are metal palm trees you can see.  the enclosed porch below was very nice.  Same with all of the new patio furniture.  Which reminds me I want to wire brush and paint ours this year. 

There were several large model train displays, too.  This little sign just cracked us up. The "We're #1" part was flashing. 

 
Walt Kowalski noted "We live by the train tracks and see the trains everyday. You'd think we have enough trains in our lives.  Yet we come here and look at the trains."

 
My big purchase was some more new blubs for the garden.  I can't wait to start planting. 


No comments :

Post a Comment