Thursday, January 22, 2015

Traffic

 
I have been traveling between two sites.  They are about 15 miles away from each other.  My hotel and the airport are in between the two sites.
 
Monday and Tuesday we went out to eat after work near the work sites, so I missed the "rush hour" traffic. Last night was different. Dinner was at a restaurant next to my hotel. 
 
The area of one site is in a nice, new industrial park. That also means construction of buildings and truck traffic.  Last night on the way home I hit traffic as soon as I left the parking lot. But wait, it was construction traffic. There was a train!  Am I at home?  I wasn't expecting that. 
 
 
Once the train passed, I hit a few red lights causing back ups.  Not unusual for 5pm. The red lights were controlling the left turns onto the highway.  Once I get there, I should have smooth sailing. Ha!

My new GPS app on my phone was a lifesaver. 20 minutes is what the GPS estimated in travel time to the hotel.
 
 
Turn left at the next light the GPS indicated.  The GPS didn't tell me that I was car number 30 in line for the light! I'm not going to make the hotel in 20 minutes.

 
We were moving! Then we were stopped. Then we were moving! Then we were stopped.

 


There are no mountains or tunnels here, so why are we braking?  Maybe an accident?  Nope. Just braking.

And more braking. Really, there must be some reason up ahead to be braking. Nope. Everybody was just braking.
 

Instead of the cars merging into traffic braking, the traffic that was supposed to be moving was braking.  No wonder there was a backup on the freeway!

I also figured out that if follow the rules of driving, and courteous driving, and I leave space between the front of my vehicle and the rear of the vehicle in front of me someone will see that spot and change lanes and squeeeeeeze in front of me.  

And I thought heading into our city through tunnels was annoying. 

No comments :

Post a Comment