Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Leaving...


On a very small.

 

South.  I headed south.  Only for four days.  Business, not pleasure. I had a wonderful driver to the airport.  Walt Kowalski didn’t wear a limo driver’s cap, but he was a great driver.  Got me right to the door and walked me as far as he was allowed.  He couldn’t join in on this trip south.  Hopefully next time. 

 

It was a small plane.  A direct flight. Everybody was very business.  I was taking pictures like a tourist.

 


There is something about flying in a small plane.  The large planes are powerful and massive and get you long distances. Small planes feel more like sightseeing. You’re closer to the ground and can see towns, cities, and homes.  Lots of rivers, mountains, streams.

 


The airport had a cool retro look to it.

Even on business, I’d rather be a tourist.  The majority of my fellow passengers had their noses in their computers and phones.  They missed all of the scenery.  Maybe they do this trip so often they have seen all the mountains. Being just above the ground gives a person perspective.  The country (world) is big and I there is lots to see. I don’t want to miss a thing. Even a mountain I’ve seen before. 

No comments :

Post a Comment