Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day

Reasons I would be a bad parent:

1. Dealing with bodily fluids.
2. Dealing with bodily fluids that are not mine.
3. Dealing with bodily fluids that are not mine before breakfast.
4. Disgusting, foul smelling garbage.
5. Total panic and fear when one of the furballs is sick.

Fudge was not feeling well this morning.  He ate breakfast and second breakfasts, but as I was booting up to check the interweb, I saw him squatting in the corner by the island.  He only does this when he's having problems.

No, nonononononono I'm not in the mood today  (Are we ever in the mood for a sick pet?) 

Fudge has urinary tract issues.  He eats special food and all of the furry, four-foots drink distilled water.  It wasn't a urinary issue today.  He was constipated. He was trying and struggling. 

I shooed him down to the game room and closed the door behind him.  Litter boxes and tile floor are always easier to clean and sanitize than hardwood and bedspreads.

I ran back upstairs to look for answers on the internet.  BIG mistake.  Everything says YOUR CAT IS GOING TO DIE IN THE NEXT HOUR IF YOU DON'T GET IT TO THE VET RIGHT AWAY.  Always good for the sanity.

By the time I got back downstairs (two minutes later), Fudge was no longer constipated.  At least he got close to the litter box.  *sigh*

He's feeling better and refused to have his picture taken.

 
Litter boxes got scrubbed, the floor got scrubbed, I got scrubbed.  He's napping now.  I need a nap, too.  Now I can sit and have my morning cup of tea. I'll keep an eye on him today.


Happy May Day!  I bought tomato plants yesterday.


And the azaleas are going to bloom.  (Please no frost in the next week!)


P.S.  Yes, I know the characteristics that would make me a bad parent are also the characteristics that would make me a good parent.  Crap.  :)

1 comment :

  1. haha!! second breakfast!! (Lord of the Rings)
    hope Fudge feels better, you know that's my favorite kitty at the Cat Ranch.

    ReplyDelete