Friday, May 30, 2014

What's cooking?


Brownies.  Actually, they were grilling, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We got the green (purple) board up in the kitchen.

 
 
Seams and screws.  I'm tired of seams and screws.  I know it's an important job. 

 
 
 
I never noticed all of the outlets in the kitchen until I looked at this photo.  
 

Brownies on the grill?  Yes!  The grill is just a big oven. 

I refuse to turn on the oven AND the air conditioner at the same time. I don't keep the air on at all times in the summer.  The Cat Ranch stays cool until about 7:30pm and cools off so quick that we don't need it at all times.  I love the windows open, too.  So do the cats.

Humidity is a different subject.

This past weekend was very warm and humid.   It was wonderful.  We sat out on the patio under the tiki torches in the evening.  But the house was baking after being closed up all day.  Then the evening sun hits just at the right angle in the front window.

Dinner was cooking on the grill, why couldn't dessert, too?  How about S'mores brownies?  I placed a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan, poured the prepared brownie mix on top, and added some marshmallows.  Any size marshmallows will do.  We had extra large ones that I cut into pieces.


I turned on the two outer burners, set the timer and let the pan cook.  Delicious and the house was still cool.

I did forget to grease the pan.  L The brownie baked down around graham crackers so they weren't on the bottom, but in the middle. Forks and plates were required because of the gooey factor.

I've seen other recipes where the marshmallows and graham crackers are on top.  That would help for hand held brownies.

No comments :

Post a Comment