Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Eyeballs in the Fridge

There are eyeballs in my fridge.



They are chocolates from Halloween.  They made me laugh so I left them.  They are in the front of the hydrator looking at me.  Kinda like 'Do you really want to eat that?' 

Why (how) does the fridge get so dirty? How does all the cat hair get in the fridge?  Do the cats eat in there when I'm not around?  Does Oreo let Fudge stand on her back so he can open the fridge and that's why it's so messy?  Food is always in containers, yet there are crumbs everywhere.  (Same with the silverware drawer, but that's another story.)


I emptied the entire fridge. I emptied the shelves on the door too, just after the photo. One is the chocolate shelf.  Some of that had to be destroyed.  :)

 
Wiped everything out.  Scrubbed the pink sticky goo off of the sidewall. (What was that?) Combined the multiple containers. (I knew I had a container of olives in there!) I even took the handle off and cleaned it. 
 
With the amount of dirt on the handle, you would think I came directly from the garden, with dirty hands, and opened the fridge.
 
 
Here was the mess:


It covered all of the counters and the table.  I only threw away one thing.  I'm good about leftovers and getting them into the freezer if we aren't going to eat it.  But I also hate to waste food.  I did have 3 containers of broth for soup.  They went to the basement freezer.

I moved the fridge shelves to their summer position.  Summer position = room for a watermelon and tall space for the margarita mix bottle to stand up instead of lay down.

The freezer below is on the list for a clean out on the next rainy day.  Same with the magic beer fridge in the basement.

Yes, I still have my valentine tea towels up.  I like them.  I have summer ones.  Somewhere.

No comments :

Post a Comment