Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Shower


Last night Walt Kowalski and I did our usual "divide and conquer." He went to work at the front house.  I stayed home and worked around the Cat Ranch. 

One of the things on the to-do list was a new flapper for the commode in the powder room.  I could hear the toilet was running to refill more often lately. The high calcium deposits in well water make the parts in the tank wear out more frequently.  Less than $3 for a repair completed by one person in less than 5 minutes.  Easy task. 

Except the valve to turn the water off to the toilet is corroded and won't shut off completely.  So my one person task became a two person task.  Walt Kowalski knew about the valve and even has a replacement ready.  In the meantime, we can still fix the toilet.  I held the lever so the water wouldn't fill and Walt Kowalski changed the flapper.

Of course we did this task at 10:15 pm just before we went to bed. (I know better than to start a plumbing project that late.)

But everything went well. The valve replacement will be another day. 

Except as we finished the task, I glanced at myself in the mirror and realized ...

I never took a shower this evening!

But I'm ready to go to bed nowwwwwww.

How I missed this minor detail, I don't know.  Walt Kowalski showered as soon as he returned home from the front house while I was making dinner. Normally, after working outside or at the front house, I'm too dirty and I shower before making dinner.  One small change threw me off my schedule.

Then again let me tell you what I *almost* did the other day. After working outside, I am always cautious of ticks, poison, and dirt in the house. As a preventative measure, we got in the practice of taking our work boots, jeans, and long sleeve shirts off in the garage before coming upstairs. 

My mind was already on making dinner and when I got upstairs to the bathroom, I turned on the water, grabbed a wash cloth, and stepped into the shower.  Still wearing my socks and unders. 

*sigh*

It took my brain a moment to realize 'something is not right in this picture.'

It's ok. You can laugh.  I did.  

1 comment :