Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Dumpster Diving


Like my "new" planter? I got two of them. 



Last year, at the end of summer, they were sitting down by the curb for the garbage. They were dirty and needed a good scrubbing. I popped open the trunk, threw them in and put them away in the shed for next year.  

It's next year!

I forgot about them until this weekend.  After I scrubbed them, you could see they were a little weathered from, well, being out in the weather.  Nothing a coat of spray paint wouldn't cure.  I even had a can on the shelf in the laundry room. 

Spray spray.  

Add dirt.  Add flowers. Done! 

(I know that Walt Kowalski tolerates my collection day "finds" but a quick internet search said they retail for minimum around $50 each.)

I got the other small pots for the back patio planted, too.  



I have learned that when planting my own pots if the pot looks like 4 flowers would be enough add 6. I also learned that I always buy too many flowers.  They are just so pretty at the store.  

No comments :

Post a Comment